[perl #60654] [DEPRECATED] Closure PMC
Patrick R. Michaud (via RT)
2008-11-19 01:44:35 UTC
# New Ticket Created by Patrick R. Michaud
# Please include the string: [perl #60654]

The new lexicals implementation no longer requires (or wants)
a Closure PMC, and IMCC will no longer produce Closure PMCs.
Instead, all Sub PMCs (and their subclasses) will have the
ability to have outer lexical scopes.

The Closure PMC will likely be removed (or at least disabled)
in the December 2008 release.

Thanks,

Pm
Francois Perrad
2009-02-01 10:29:35 UTC
Have we come to any consensus re the issues raised in this RT?
in r33344, I merge LuaFunction & LuaClosure PMC.
So now, Lua doesn't need Closure PMC.

François.
Thank you very much.
kid51