fudging the headerizer
Andy Lester
2008-12-27 16:33:53 UTC
This patch

http://www.parrotvm.org/svn/parrot/revision?rev=34423

is not a long-term solution. The headerizer has to get run at will.
Infinoid, can you tell me more about those ifdefs so I can make the
headerizer happy?

Thanks,
xoxo,
Andy

Andy Lester => ***@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance
Mark Glines
2008-12-27 17:03:23 UTC
Post by Andy Lester
This patch
http://www.parrotvm.org/svn/parrot/revision?rev=34423
is not a long-term solution. The headerizer has to get run at will.
Infinoid, can you tell me more about those ifdefs so I can make the
headerizer happy?
Happy to. The functions in question (is_ins_save and _is_ins_save) are
declared as static, but conditionally defined inside of an #ifdef. If
the prototypes are not put in the same #ifdefs, the following warnings
result:

compilers/imcc/optimizer.c:87: warning: '_is_ins_save' declared 'static'
but never defined
compilers/imcc/optimizer.c:153: warning: 'is_ins_save' declared 'static'
but never defined

This has shown up a couple of times in RT, most recently as #53990.

Mark
Andy Lester
2008-12-28 00:14:58 UTC
Post by Mark Glines
Happy to. The functions in question (is_ins_save and _is_ins_save)
are declared as static, but conditionally defined inside of an
#ifdef. If the prototypes are not put in the same #ifdefs, the
OK, I'll come up with a solution for that somehow. For now, your
#ifdefs are getting removed by the headerizer in the commit I'm about
to make, so you'll have to live with the compiler warnings, which
shouldn't be too odious, I hope?

xoxo,
Andy

--