[perl #56032] YAPC::NA 2008 Chicago Buildfest Results
Jeff Bisbee
2008-06-18 16:56:01 UTC
# New Ticket Created by Jeff Bisbee
# Please include the string: [perl #56032]

I was building on OSX PPC Lepord 10.5.3 using
owerpc-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

My initial build failed the readline configure step and threw the
following excpetion

perl tools/build/c2str.pl --all
src/string.c
src/ops/core_ops.c
{standard input}:108674:no such instruction: `trap'
lipo: can't open input file:
/var/folders/wO/wOEMClMPEbWg4RNQla9SXE+++TI/-Tmp-//ccotvsSx.out (No
such file or directory)
make: *** [src/ops/core_ops.o] Error 1

Bruce Gray found ticket 52214 with a patch that we applied that fixed
the problem and allowed to make parrot without any further issues.

I then ran make test with all tests passing.

I then ran make perl6 and perl6 build successfully

I then cd languages/perl6 and ran make spectest_regression and all tests passed.

Great work guys. Things seem to be really clicking ;)
Jeff Bisbee / ***@gmail.com / jbisbee.multiply.com
James Keenan via RT
2008-06-19 23:34:57 UTC
Post by Jeff Bisbee
I was building on OSX PPC Lepord 10.5.3 using
owerpc-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)
My initial build failed the readline configure step and threw the
following excpetion
Jeff (Todd, and anyone else getting the auto::readline error):

Can you try out this patch:
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Attachment/389086/176448/darwin-editline-failer.txt

kid51
James Keenan via RT
2008-07-30 22:58:11 UTC
Post by James Keenan via RT
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Attachment/389086/176448/darwin-
editline-failer.txt
Jeff, Todd, et. al.:

Have you tried out this patch?
James Keenan via RT
2008-11-23 21:37:44 UTC
Jeff,

Have you tried out the patch, or otherwise tried to build Parrot recently?

Thank you very much.
kid51
Jeff Bisbee
2008-11-23 22:11:44 UTC
Nope haven't tried it lately :( You can mark me of the list since I
haven't even opened up that laptop in some time :(

-- Jeff Bisbee / ***@gmail.com / jbisbee.multiply.com