[perl #37578] [TODO] PIR - simple register allocation
Patrick R. Michaud
2009-02-06 02:11:30 UTC
From a discussion earlier today on #irc...
It would be nice if the PIR compiler had a way to use
a very basic register allocation algorithm for .subs that
use only a small number of registers.
pmichaud: This ticket was filed about 3 years ago. We have :unique_reg
now, does this resolve your issue? If so, we can close this ticket.
I'm okay with closing the ticket, assuming that :unique_reg does
indeed cause the register allocation algorithm to be simple.
(IIRC, as recently as a few months ago this wasn't the case.)

Pm
Will Coleda
2009-02-06 13:47:58 UTC
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Andrew Whitworth via RT
Post by Patrick R. Michaud
I'm okay with closing the ticket, assuming that :unique_reg does
indeed cause the register allocation algorithm to be simple.
(IIRC, as recently as a few months ago this wasn't the case.)
Did anyone actually verify this statement? If not, closing the ticket
may be premature.
Thanks for the reply pmichaud! Closing ticket.
$#openRTtickets--;
--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight