[perl #55308] [TODO] add_sub sanely adds MultiSub PMCs to a namespace
Patrick R . Michaud
2008-06-04 23:04:07 UTC
# New Ticket Created by Patrick R. Michaud
# Please include the string: [perl #55308]

I'm just about to commit a change to namespace.pmc that allows
the 'add_sub' method to store MultiSub PMCs as well as Sub PMCs.

However, the change I'm committing is a little naive in that
a subsequent call to add_sub will overwrite any existing
MultiSub. Instead, adding a MultiSub to a namespace symbol
that already contains a MultiSub should probably merge them
together.

Pm
Patrick R. Michaud
2009-02-02 19:05:31 UTC
Post by Patrick R . Michaud
I'm just about to commit a change to namespace.pmc that allows
the 'add_sub' method to store MultiSub PMCs as well as Sub PMCs.
However, the change I'm committing is a little naive in that
a subsequent call to add_sub will overwrite any existing
MultiSub. Instead, adding a MultiSub to a namespace symbol
that already contains a MultiSub should probably merge them
together.
pmichaud: Any updates on the status of this?
It probably needs a Parrot architect to design/decide what should
really happen here. I wasn't planning to take it any further
than I already have.

Perhaps this RT ticket needs to be moved to Trac.

Pm