[perl #62202] Problem with Configure.PL under Windows
Alan Rocker
2009-01-11 20:37:56 UTC
# New Ticket Created by Alan Rocker
# Please include the string: [perl #62202]

Running Configure.pl under Windows (XP Home), Strawberry Perl, produces
the following error message:

auto::gmp - Does your platform support GMP...Can't spawn
".\test_616.exe": Bad file descriptor at lib/Parrot/Configure/Utils.pm
line 86.
....................no.

Windows also tries to "Phone Home", but I suspect it's the underlying GMP
failure that causes that.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com
Mark Glines
2009-01-12 03:10:35 UTC
Post by Alan Rocker
auto::gmp - Does your platform support GMP...Can't spawn
".\test_616.exe": Bad file descriptor at lib/Parrot/Configure/Utils.pm
line 86.
Thanks, this is a known issue with the libgmp.dll built with strawberry
perl. (It was built with SSE2 instructions that aren't supported by
several classes of x86 processor, including my AMD Athlon XP.) I bugged
Alias about this a couple of times and even built and sent him a known
good library to replace it with, but the issue is still present in
strawberry perl.

Merging #62202 into #50212.

Mark